'Sexually harassed' American student shares horrific India experience
She has documented 'incessant sexual harassment', groping, stalking and worse, including two attempts to rape her in the span of 48 hours.
New Delhi: An American student's account of her trip to India has once again brought out the harsh reality of how safe women feel in India. An American student, Michaela Cross, turned citizen journalist or I Reporter for CNN and has shared a horrific account of her study trip to India in 2012.
She has documented 'incessant sexual harassment', from groping to stalking and worse, including two attempts to rape her in the span of 48 hours. The 23-year-old left Pune for the US and suffered post-traumatic stress disorder.
She is, in fact, on a mental leave of absence from her university in Chicago, which says it is committed to students' safety but is not commenting on her leave.
Many have been commenting on her account on the internet with 350,000 page views of her story on Tuesday. The story has gone viral on social media sites.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner