'Sexually harassed' American student shares horrific India experience
She has documented 'incessant sexual harassment', groping, stalking and worse, including two attempts to rape her in the span of 48 hours.
New Delhi: An American student's account of her trip to India has once again brought out the harsh reality of how safe women feel in India. An American student, Michaela Cross, turned citizen journalist or I Reporter for CNN and has shared a horrific account of her study trip to India in 2012.
She has documented 'incessant sexual harassment', from groping to stalking and worse, including two attempts to rape her in the span of 48 hours. The 23-year-old left Pune for the US and suffered post-traumatic stress disorder.
She is, in fact, on a mental leave of absence from her university in Chicago, which says it is committed to students' safety but is not commenting on her leave.
Many have been commenting on her account on the internet with 350,000 page views of her story on Tuesday. The story has gone viral on social media sites.
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18