DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
American Sloane Stephens opens Fed Cup vs Sweden
Stephens, ranked 16th, will open the Fed Cup World Group Playoff tie against 54th-ranked Sophia Arvidsson of Sweden at the Delray Beach Tennis Center on Saturday.
Delray Beach: American Sloane Stephens, ranked 16th, will open the Fed Cup World Group Playoff tie against 54th-ranked Sophia Arvidsson of Sweden at the Delray Beach Tennis Center on Saturday.
The second match on Saturday features world No. 1 Serena Williams of the US against 66th-ranked Johanna Larsson of Sweden.
On Sunday, Serena Williams will play the first match against Arvidsson, followed by Stephens taking on Larsson.
The final match on Sunday will be doubles.
Venus Williams will pair with Varvara Lepchenko for the United States against Arvidsson and Larsson.
Sweden will not play their other two team members - Hilda Melander and Sandra Roma.
The winner of this weekend's tie will secure a spot in the 2014 Fed Cup World Group.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi