Amit Sadh refuses to play young Rishi Kapoor in 'Mehrunissa'
Amit Sadh will not be seen playing a role in Sudhir Mishra's 'Mehrunissa'.
Mumbai: 'Kai Po Che!' actor Amit Sadh was reportedly roped in to play the younger version of Rishi Kapoor in the much-anticipated film 'Mehrunissa', but a source close to the young actor has denied the news.
The project, based on the life of the 20th wife of Mughal emperor Jehangir, is directed by Sudhir Mishra. Chitrangda Singh is said to be the film's leading lady.
"Amit is not doing the movie. He has communicated to Sudhir Mishra, whom he admires, that he looks forward to an opportunity to work with him in the future," said the source.
"Amit doesn't know where these rumours are coming from and wants to clear out that these are false," the source added.
As of now, Amit is busy working on his next project with Disney UTV. The genre of the film is still under wraps, but it has been assured that the movie will take Amit's 'boy-next-door' appeal to another level. If rumours are to be believed, the film will be in the romantic comedy space.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)