Amit Sadh: Why should I limit myself as an actor?
Amit Sadh of 'Kai Po Che' fame to play a Bihari boy in his next film?
New Delhi: Amit Sadh can't contain his excitement when we speak to him about the spurt in the number of new faces which are launched in Bollywood every year. The actor, who made headlines for his role in 'Kai Po Che', elucidates the key factors responsible for this phenomenon.
"If we get to see new faces so often, it is only because of the movies which are being made now. The stories have changed. That's why there is a surge in the number of movies, which are made in a year. This further creates opportunities for fresh talent," explains Amit.
Amit, who studied at the Lee Strasberg Method Acting School (New York), recalls the way Bollywood was interpreted then by fellow students. "I was mocked at by fellow students. They would often ask me, 'Why are you here? For, you'll go back to India to wear funny clothes and dance around trees in your films.' Irrespective of how they perceived Bollywood, I have always been proud of it," he says.
"To the audience in the West, Bollywood is only about Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan. Interestingly, a lot of people I interacted with were also familiar with the name Katrina Kaif," he adds.
According to Amit, there has been a significant change in the perception now, which is evident from the appreciation filmmakers Anurag Kashyap and Karan Johar have received for their projects at international film festivals.
Amit, who doesn't believe in planning things, is willing to take risks. As an artiste, he wants to don as many roles as possible. "Why should I limit myself as an actor? Whether it is an urban or rural character, I can do both with utmost ease. Ab mujhe Bihari ban na hai. Who knows, I might be playing a Bihari in my next," he says.
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Irom Sharmila Meets Kejriwal, Seeks Advice on Fighting Manipur Polls
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- SRK Turns Into a DJ for Radio Show and His First Mix Will Leave You in Splits
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India