Amitabh Bachchan going to LA for treatment
Amitabh Bachchan is saying a big no to all acting assignments that come his way before September this year.
Mumbai: Big B is saying a big no to all acting assignments that come his way before September this year. Reason being that the actor will soon take off for Los Angeles for treatment. Our sources reveal that this decision was taken after he underwent a CT scan at a city hospital last month.
Well-placed industry sources attribute the alarm to the pain that troubled Bachchan on April 9, two months after he underwent abdominal surgery at another Mumbai-based hospital. "It was the first time since the operation in February that Bachchan saab felt such severe pain and had to go for a CT scan soon afterwards," said a source.
While the hospital's medical superintendent had reportedly said that it was a routine examination and was related to previous health conditions, our source asserts that the 69-year-old actor isn't taking it lightly.
"It is believed that Bachchan is not doing any film before September as he's going to Los Angeles, in May-June, where he will undergo a few tests and the required treatment to be doubly sure," stated our source, adding that only a handful of closest family friends are in the know.
One for beta
However, one acting assignment that Bachchan is said to have confirmed before September is Rohit Shetty's forthcoming film with Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan. As our source states, "That's also because Abhishek is acting in the film and has a very strong role in it. And Ajay, who's producing it, is like family. Besides, it's not going to be stressful as Bachchan saab's part will be shot in just a couple of days."
Post his treatment it remains to be seen which film Bachchan chooses as his comeback project. Ram Gopal Varma is planning to reprise the character of Subhash Nagre in the third Sarkar film while Shoojit Sircar is scripting his next for the actor after their Johnny Mastana hit a roadblock a couple of years ago. We have also learnt that the channel and producers of his successful quiz show are planning its next season, scheduled to start later this September.