Amitabh Bachchan on Delhi rape case: It leaves me numb
The child was abducted on April 15 and held hostage in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar for over two days.
Mumbai: The news of the rape of a five-year-old girl, who is now battling for life, has left Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan numb. He says people who indulge in such heinous crimes should be exposed in public for proper justice.
"The horror of the latest crime of rape and then attempt to kill a 5-year-old little girl, leaves me numb and without voice! These evil beings are not fit to be called animals... even animals have certain codes of conduct," the 70-year-old posted on his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com.
The girl was abducted April 15 and held hostage in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar for over two days, according to police.
"What is happening to us as a society, a community? Why and how are we succumbing to these atrocious and ghastly acts... who are these people and where do they come from... which mother gave birth to them, and how were they brought up... in which environment," he further posted.
Big B also feels that a jail sentence is not the best solution for such criminals.
"Keeping them bound and confined shall not change them or their thinking... they need to be made examples of... they need to be shamed first publicly and then left to the public to deal them justice in which ever way they seem fit," he posted.
"There seems to be complete vacuousness in how the situation needs to be dealt with. No one seems to have solutions, or worse, preventions. We wait till a deed happens and then get active on how to deal with the situation... we have no mechanism to preempt a situation... whether it be a rape or a terrorist attack.
"We all are living in insecure times, where the fear of authority and the call of discipline and awareness is non-existent. We live on love and fresh air... and we hope that what befalls tragically on others, shall not befall us," he further posted.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
- Kapil Sibal Exclusive: Will Cong Family Loyalists Become Deserters?
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender