DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AMK to back AIADMK at Sankarankoil
VELLORE: The Arunthathi Makkal Katchi has offered to support the ruling AIADMK in the forthcoming Sankarankoil by-election. A reso..
VELLORE: The Arunthathi Makkal Katchi has offered to support the ruling AIADMK in the forthcoming Sankarankoil by-election. A resolution to this effect was adopted at the State Executive Council meet held here on Saturday.
The party has decided to extend its support in order to strengthen efforts taken by the Jayalalithaa government to implement various welfare measures. It was decided at the meeting that while the party has appealed to the State government to increase the three per cent sub-quota for the Arunthathi community, a poll committee led by party chief Ravichandran will be formed to work for the victory of the AIADMK at Sankarankoil.
The party has also demanded that the Arunthathiyar community should be given preference for loan schemes under the TAHDCO. A plea has been made by the party to provide job opportunities to traditional cobblers by engaging them in the production of free shoes that the state government plans to distribute to school students, instead of procuring them through industries.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere