Amritsar: Sub-inspector post for molestation victim
ASI Ravinderpal Singh was shot dead two days ago while resisting harassment of his 23-year-old daughter.
Amritsar: The Punjab government on Friday issued order that the daughter of ASI Ravinderpal Singh, who was shot dead two days ago while resisting harassment of his daughter, may immediately be enlisted as Sub Inspector in the state police as a special case.
The ASI was killed after he protested harassment of his 23-year-old daughter. His son Navpreet was in Australia when he was killed on December 5 in full public view by a local SAD leader alongwith four of his accomplices.
On Friday, his mortal remains were consigned to flames in his native Rampura village of the district. The pyre was lit jointly by deceased's son Navpreet Singh and daughter Robanjit Kaur. Senior police officers and politicians including Navjot Kaur Sidhu and MLA Dalbir Singh Ranike were present at the time of cremation in Chehertha area.
A contingent of Punjab Police fired volley of gun shots in the air and reversed the arms, in mark of respect to the departed soul.
- Pakistan Summons Indian Envoy, Lodges Strong Protest Over 'Unprovoked Firing'
- Pakistan Cricket Board Bars Push-Ups on Field After Match Wins
- Team India, Ravichandran Ashwin Head Latest ICC Test Rankings
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- Full Text of Cyrus Mistry Interview that Tata Group Scrapped
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton