AMU students set afire vehicles, shops
At least 30 people were wounded when AMU students resorted to firing and stone pelting in Aligarh on Saturday.
New Delhi: At least 30 people, including 14 policemen, were seriously wounded when Aligarh Muslim University students resorted to firing and stone pelting in Aligarh on Saturday.
An altercation between a builder and an AMU student led to the students torching builder's house and many other shops in the area. Fifteen students also sustained wounds and were rushed to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College.
In a bid to control the situation, the police fired shots in the air and also lobbed tear gas shells. Earlier, police swung batons to disperse the protesters, PTI quoted District Magistrate Santosh Kumar Yadav as saying.
Yadav added that 15 people were arrested in connection with the violence.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1