DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AMU students set afire vehicles, shops
At least 30 people were wounded when AMU students resorted to firing and stone pelting in Aligarh on Saturday.
New Delhi: At least 30 people, including 14 policemen, were seriously wounded when Aligarh Muslim University students resorted to firing and stone pelting in Aligarh on Saturday.
An altercation between a builder and an AMU student led to the students torching builder's house and many other shops in the area. Fifteen students also sustained wounds and were rushed to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College.
In a bid to control the situation, the police fired shots in the air and also lobbed tear gas shells. Earlier, police swung batons to disperse the protesters, PTI quoted District Magistrate Santosh Kumar Yadav as saying.
Yadav added that 15 people were arrested in connection with the violence.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi