AMU students set afire vehicles, shops
At least 30 people were wounded when AMU students resorted to firing and stone pelting in Aligarh on Saturday.
New Delhi: At least 30 people, including 14 policemen, were seriously wounded when Aligarh Muslim University students resorted to firing and stone pelting in Aligarh on Saturday.
An altercation between a builder and an AMU student led to the students torching builder's house and many other shops in the area. Fifteen students also sustained wounds and were rushed to Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College.
In a bid to control the situation, the police fired shots in the air and also lobbed tear gas shells. Earlier, police swung batons to disperse the protesters, PTI quoted District Magistrate Santosh Kumar Yadav as saying.
Yadav added that 15 people were arrested in connection with the violence.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 10: Rohan, Indiawale Indulge In a Fight Over Luxury Budget Task
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'