AMU to confer doctorate on Manmohan, Sonia
The decision was taken by university's executive council.
Aligarh: The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) on Tuesday announced that it will confer an honorary doctorate degree on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi among other distinguished personalities.
The decision to award the D Lit (Honoris Causa) was taken on Tuesday by the university's executive council, an AMU spokesperson said.
"Besides the Prime Minister and the Congress president, the degree would also be awarded to well known painter M F Husain and retired chief justice of India and chancellor of AMU A M Ahmadi," the varsity's acting public relations officer Zeeshan Ahmad told IANS.
"The degree would be awarded during the upcoming annual convocation of the university that may take place in February or March," he added.
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- Love is a Feeling Beyond Your Control: Ranbir Kapoor
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts