AMU to confer doctorate on Manmohan, Sonia
The decision was taken by university's executive council.
Aligarh: The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) on Tuesday announced that it will confer an honorary doctorate degree on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi among other distinguished personalities.
The decision to award the D Lit (Honoris Causa) was taken on Tuesday by the university's executive council, an AMU spokesperson said.
"Besides the Prime Minister and the Congress president, the degree would also be awarded to well known painter M F Husain and retired chief justice of India and chancellor of AMU A M Ahmadi," the varsity's acting public relations officer Zeeshan Ahmad told IANS.
"The degree would be awarded during the upcoming annual convocation of the university that may take place in February or March," he added.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology