AMU VC charged of using pressure tactics
Convener of Anti Corruption Forum, AMU has written to the SSP seeking adequate security for agitating teachers.
Aligarh: Senior teacher and convener of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Anti Corruption Forum MR Shervani on Thursday charged its Vice Chancellor PK Abdul Azis of using pressure tactics to break teachers' hunger strike.
Shervani, who is on an indefinite hunger strike from May 16 in support of the Teachers' Association demand for removal of the VC and Proctor, has written to the SSP seeking adequate security for agitating teachers.
On May 17 some unidentified persons tried to intimidate the protesting teachers, he alleged adding that the VC was using pressure tactics to end the teachers' agitation.
Both the Teachers' Association and Students' Union are on hunger strike demanding the removal of the Vice Chancellor.
Secretary of Teachers' Association M Zaidi said that they fear the VC would not hesitate to use unfair methods to break their agitation.
Meanwhile, the VC has reiterated that the Teachers' Anti-Corruption Forum was an illegal body and was trying to disturb campus peace and derail examinations.
"We will not allow anyone to hold the campus to ransom," the VC said.
The AMU Teachers' Association has dubbed the VC's move for instituting a judicial inquiry into the last month's campus violence as an 'eyewash' designed to buy time.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology