Amul (1967 - 2012): 20 utterly butterly best ads
The Amul ads have often been described as one of the best Indian Advertising concepts because of their humour.
New Delhi: The father of 'white revolution' Dr Verghese Kurien, who transformed India from a milk-deficient country to the world's largest milk producer and the founder of Amul, passed away on Sunday. An icon of the sorts of modern India, the utterly butterly deliciously witty, Amul Girl, an integral part of the Amul campaign turned 50 this year. The girl, wearing a polka-dot frock, famous for poking fun at national events and personalities, first made an appearance in 1967.
All present-day news-makers, from President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and US President Barack Obama to actor Amitabh Bachchan, cricket maestro Sachin Tendulkar and even the industrialist Ambani brothers have been featured by the advertisements. The Amul ads have often been described as one of the best Indian Advertising concepts because of their humour, with puns being its forte, and their penchant of picking up on current events to bring home a point. Here are the 20 best.
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS Booking Commences For Rs 11,000 Through Nexa
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Get-Fit Tips: Workout Dos And Don'ts By Celebrity Trainer Yogesh Bhateja
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance