Amway India chairman, 2 directors arrested
Following a complaint by a woman of incurring losses, the police conducted raids and made the arrests.
Kozhikode: Network marketing firm Amway's India Chairman and CEO William S Pinckney and two company Directors were arrested in Kozhikode on Monday on charges of financial irregularities.
The two directors are Sanjay Malhotra and Anshu Budhraja, crime branch sources said.
The arrests were made on a complaint of a woman who claimed to have incurred loss through the network and on the basis of three cases registered against the company in 2012 in Wayanad district, they said.
Police had questioned the trio earlier this month and had asked them to report again on Monday for further questioning. They were arrested when they arrived at the police station.
In 2012, the crime branch (economic offences) wing here had conducted searches at the Amway office at Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur as part of its crackdown on money chain activities. Their godowns at these centres were closed and goods produced were also seized.
The searches were launched following a complaint lodged by Visalakshi of Kozhikode claiming that she had incurred losses.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- India vs New Zealand Live: Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series, Regain No.1 Spot
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18