Amway India chairman, 2 directors arrested
Following a complaint by a woman of incurring losses, the police conducted raids and made the arrests.
Kozhikode: Network marketing firm Amway's India Chairman and CEO William S Pinckney and two company Directors were arrested in Kozhikode on Monday on charges of financial irregularities.
The two directors are Sanjay Malhotra and Anshu Budhraja, crime branch sources said.
The arrests were made on a complaint of a woman who claimed to have incurred loss through the network and on the basis of three cases registered against the company in 2012 in Wayanad district, they said.
Police had questioned the trio earlier this month and had asked them to report again on Monday for further questioning. They were arrested when they arrived at the police station.
In 2012, the crime branch (economic offences) wing here had conducted searches at the Amway office at Thrissur, Kozhikode and Kannur as part of its crackdown on money chain activities. Their godowns at these centres were closed and goods produced were also seized.
The searches were launched following a complaint lodged by Visalakshi of Kozhikode claiming that she had incurred losses.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement