DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Amy Adams to play Lois Lane in Superman film
Amy Adams will step into the famous shoes of Lois Lane in the much hyped reboot of the 'Superman' film franchise.
Los Angeles: 'Enchanted' star Amy Adams will step into the famous shoes of Lois Lane in the much hyped reboot of the 'Superman' film franchise.
The three time Oscar nominated actress has trumped contemporaries like Jessica Biel, Kristen Stewart and Rachel McAdams to get the coveted role, reported Los Angeles Times online.
"There was a big, giant search for Lois. For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it," said the film's director Zack Snyder.
The 36-year-old actress got the news today during a phone call from Snyder and will now play journalist Lois Lane opposite British actor Henry Cavill of 'The Tudors' fame in the title role.
Kevin Costner and Diane Lane will play Superman's adoptive parents. The last movie in the Superman series, 'Superman Returns' was released in 2006. It starred Iowa native Brandon Routh as the Man of Steel and Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane, but was considered a commercial failure. It cost a reported USD 270 million to make and earned just USD 200 million in the US.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish