DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic lose at China Open
Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic were knocked out of the China Open in straight sets in the third round.
Beijing: Former number ones Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic were knocked out of the China Open in straight sets in the third round on Wednesday.
The second round was completed when Maria Sharapova downed Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-2, 6-2, and Slovenian qualifier Polana Hercog came from 5-1 down in the third set to beat Russia's Ekaterina Makarova 7-6 (5), 3-6, 7-6 (3).
Ivanovic was ousted 6-4, 6-3 by Romina Oprandi of Switzerland, who replaced an ill Serena Williams in the draw.
Jankovic fell apart after leading 5-2, going out to Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 7-5, 6-4.
Among the men, Austria's Jurgen Melzer defeated Ukraine's Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine 7-6 (9), 2-6, 6-1.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa