Ana Ivanovic, Jelena Jankovic lose at China Open
Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic were knocked out of the China Open in straight sets in the third round.
Beijing: Former number ones Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Jankovic were knocked out of the China Open in straight sets in the third round on Wednesday.
The second round was completed when Maria Sharapova downed Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-2, 6-2, and Slovenian qualifier Polana Hercog came from 5-1 down in the third set to beat Russia's Ekaterina Makarova 7-6 (5), 3-6, 7-6 (3).
Ivanovic was ousted 6-4, 6-3 by Romina Oprandi of Switzerland, who replaced an ill Serena Williams in the draw.
Jankovic fell apart after leading 5-2, going out to Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain 7-5, 6-4.
Among the men, Austria's Jurgen Melzer defeated Ukraine's Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine 7-6 (9), 2-6, 6-1.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)