Ana Ivanovic storms into Kremlin Cup quarter-finals
The 11th-ranked Serb beat qualifier Valeria Solovieva 6-1, 6-4.
Moscow: Ana Ivanovic advanced to the quarterfinals of the Kremlin Cup on Thursday by beating qualifier Valeria Solovieva 6-1, 6-4.
The 11th-ranked Serb broke Solovieva three times in the 19-year-old Russian's second match on the WTA Tour.
Ivanovic, whose best result this season was a semifinal appearance in Indian Wells in March, will be playing in her fifth quarterfinal. The 2008 French Open champion is looking for her 12th career title and the first this year.
In the second round of the men's tournament, Jerzy Janowicz of Poland advanced to the quarterfinals by beating seventh-seeded Carlos Berlocq of Argentina 6-3, 6-4.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right