Andhra: Man beats father to death over property dispute
Police said the victim was beaten to death by his elder son after a heated argument over some property issue.
Visakhapatnam: A 36-year-old man allegedly thrashed his father to death over property dispute near Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Wednesday.
Though the incident took place in Seethampeta area on Tuesday night, it came to light on Wednesday morning. The victim, Gundu Pradada Rao (65), was beaten to death by his elder son Gundu Rajasekhar after a heated argument over some property issue, they said.
Rao, a retired employee of Visakhapatnam Port Trust, was staying in Seethampeta with his wife and two sons.
Rajasekhar started beating his father in the presence of other family members. When Rao tried to ran off from the house, Rajasekhar dragged him inside and continued to assault him. He also beat up his family members and neighbours when they tried to intervene, police said.
Rao was later shifted to a nearby private hospital, where he was declared brought dead, they said. Acting on a complaint by Rao's family, Rajasekhar was arrested and he has confessed to the crime, police sources said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right