DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Andhra MP files complaint against Ashis Nandy
In his complaint, Karimnagar district MP said the comments made by Nandy have hurt the SC, ST and backward classes.
Karimnagar: An MP from Karimnagar district in Andhra Pradesh today filed a complaint against eminent scholar Ashis Nandy, for making remarks alleged to be anti-Dalit at the Jaipur Literature Festival, police said. Karimnagar MP Ponnam Prabhakar on February 1 filed a complaint against Nandy at the Two Town police station here.
In his complaint, Prabhakar said the comments made by Nandy have hurt the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and backward classes and are an infringement on the rights of the these communities.
Prabhakar demanded the police to investigate the matter and take appropriate action against Nandy.
Circle Inspector, Karimnagar Two Town, G Vijay Kumar said a complaint by Prabhakar had been registered in the general diary and sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?