Andhra Pradesh: 3 die in firecracker unit explosion
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the firecrackers unit.
Rajahmundry: Two women and a child were charred to death and four others injured in an explosion in a firecrackers manufacturing unit in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh Sunday afternoon. The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the Bhavani fire crackers manufacturing unit located at Komarrepalem village under Rayavaram mandal of the East Godavari district, police said.
The victims were charred to death after the explosion in the cracker unit caused a fire. One of four injured persons was stated be serious, Ramachandrapuram DSP S Srinivas said. A police team led by Srinivas reached the spot and commenced rescue operations. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
"We received the information (of explosion) at 2 pm and rushed to the spot with the police team. We are yet to ascertain the cause of the explosion and details of workers in the unit were not known immediately," the DSP said. The bodies were yet to be identified, he added. Meanwhile, the revenue, police and other top officials have reached the spot.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right