Andhra Pradesh: 3 die in firecracker unit explosion
The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the firecrackers unit.
Rajahmundry: Two women and a child were charred to death and four others injured in an explosion in a firecrackers manufacturing unit in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh Sunday afternoon. The explosion occurred at around 2 pm when 12 persons were working inside the premises of the Bhavani fire crackers manufacturing unit located at Komarrepalem village under Rayavaram mandal of the East Godavari district, police said.
The victims were charred to death after the explosion in the cracker unit caused a fire. One of four injured persons was stated be serious, Ramachandrapuram DSP S Srinivas said. A police team led by Srinivas reached the spot and commenced rescue operations. Three fire tenders were pressed into service to control the blaze.
"We received the information (of explosion) at 2 pm and rushed to the spot with the police team. We are yet to ascertain the cause of the explosion and details of workers in the unit were not known immediately," the DSP said. The bodies were yet to be identified, he added. Meanwhile, the revenue, police and other top officials have reached the spot.
- Bigg Boss, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- US Asks Pakistan to Act Against Terror Groups Who Seek to Attack Neighbours
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Dear Zindagi: SRK Asks Alia Bhatt to Crack Better Jokes in the New Teaser
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani