Andhra Pradesh: Doctor arrested for molesting a patient
Dr Sankara Rao has been charged under section 345 (assault or criminal force to women with intent to outrage her modesty) of the Indian Penal Code.
Visakhapatnam: A doctor was arrested in Visakhapatnam on Saturday for allegedly molesting a woman patient at his clinic at Araku valley in the district, police said. According to Police, K Lakshmi(24) along with her brother had come to Araku valley on Sunday for making some purchases but took ill and collapsed on the road.
She was admitted to Yoganandha clinic and while treating her, doctor M Sankara Rao (45) allegedly molested her, police said, adding the victim left the clinic and narrated the matter to his brother and later lodged a complaint at Araku valley police station. Dr Sankara Rao has been charged under section 345 (assault or criminal force to women with intent to outrage her modesty) of the Indian Penal Code.
Police sources said Rao threatened the duo by claiming that he had good relations with left wing extremists and would punish them for lodging a false case against him. Inspector of Police K Kumara Swami said Rao was a government doctor and had taken voluntary retirement around two years ago in the wake of some complaints against him and started Yoganandha clinic early in 2012.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Gold Takes Gains Forward, Up Rs 232 on Global Cues
- Gold Hits Over 3-Month Low On Global Cues, Muted Demand
- Gold prices touch five-year low, people on shopping spree
- Gold price crashes below Rs 25,000 per 10 grams in futures trade