DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Andhra Pradesh: Police file case against Jethmalani
Speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi on November 8, the noted criminal lawyer had described Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
Hyderabad: Acting on a local court's directive, the police on Monday registered a case against Bharatiya Janata Party MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram during a function in Delhi in 2012. The court, hearing a petition filed by advocate Navin Kumar who claimed the former Union Law Minister's remarks on Lord Ram had hurt religious feelings of a particular community, had asked the Neredmet police to investigate the matter and lodge an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under IPC Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) against Jethmalani, police said. Speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi on November 8, the noted criminal lawyer had described Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
The Jeedimetla police here had earlier filed a separate case against the 89-year-old lawyer-politician over the same remarks.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong