Andhra Pradesh: Police file case against Jethmalani
Speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi on November 8, the noted criminal lawyer had described Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
Hyderabad: Acting on a local court's directive, the police on Monday registered a case against Bharatiya Janata Party MP Ram Jethmalani for his controversial remarks on Lord Ram during a function in Delhi in 2012. The court, hearing a petition filed by advocate Navin Kumar who claimed the former Union Law Minister's remarks on Lord Ram had hurt religious feelings of a particular community, had asked the Neredmet police to investigate the matter and lodge an FIR.
Accordingly, a case was registered under IPC Section 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) against Jethmalani, police said. Speaking at a book launch function in New Delhi on November 8, the noted criminal lawyer had described Lord Ram as a "bad husband".
The Jeedimetla police here had earlier filed a separate case against the 89-year-old lawyer-politician over the same remarks.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology