Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)
APPSC was formed in 1956, which coincided with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh on Nov 1, 1956.
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) was formed in 1956, which coincided with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh on November 1, 1956. Earlier it was known as the Andhra Service Commission (formed in 1953, based on the regulations of Madras Public Service Commission).
Later in 1956, APPSC was formed by merging the Andhra and Hyderabad Public Service Commission. At present, the six member APPSC is headed by the Chairman, Dr. Y. Venkatrami Reddy.
One of the main functions of the commission is to conduct examinations and interviews for appointment to various services of the State.
Functions of APPSC
- Recruitment of the Candidates
I. On the basis of Interview only
II. On the basis of screening test & Interview
III. On the basis of Examination only
IV. On the basis of Examination & Interview only
V. On the basis of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination & Interview
- Disciplinary Actions
- Service Rules
- Advice to the Andhra Pradesh Government
- Conduct entrance examination for admission of boys to the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Dehradun in February and August
- Conduct Half yearly examinations for the All India Services Officers in September and March
- Overseeing temporary appointments in Government Departments
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission,
Prathibha Bhavan, M.J.Road,
Opp: Gagan Vihar, Nampally, Hyderabad 500103
Ph: 24603593, 24603594, 24603595, 24603596
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan