DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Andhra Pradesh: Woman cheated of her valuables by fake Income Tax officials
The woman handed over Rs 2 lakh and 200 grams of gold ornaments to the fake Income Tax officials.
Hyderabad: Four people posing as Income Tax officers allegedly took away Rs 2 lakh in cash and 200 grams gold ornaments from a elderly woman on Tuesday in Rajendra Nagar, the police said. The four men who went to the house of one Basanti informed her that they were Income Tax officers and asked her to her to provide details of her income, besides cash and valuables at her house, the police said.
The woman handed over Rs 2 lakh and 200 grams of gold ornaments to the four people, after they told her that it was "unaccounted" money and gave her a "receipt" to collect the cash and valuables from police station, before leaving the place, the police said.
It was only after reaching the Rajendra Nagar police station, did she realise that she had been cheated and lodged a complaint. A case of cheating and theft under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code has been registered
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Pirates of The Caribbean-Salazar's Revenge Review: This One Doesn't Disappoint
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs