Andhra Pradesh: Woman cheated of her valuables by fake Income Tax officials
The woman handed over Rs 2 lakh and 200 grams of gold ornaments to the fake Income Tax officials.
Hyderabad: Four people posing as Income Tax officers allegedly took away Rs 2 lakh in cash and 200 grams gold ornaments from a elderly woman on Tuesday in Rajendra Nagar, the police said. The four men who went to the house of one Basanti informed her that they were Income Tax officers and asked her to her to provide details of her income, besides cash and valuables at her house, the police said.
The woman handed over Rs 2 lakh and 200 grams of gold ornaments to the four people, after they told her that it was "unaccounted" money and gave her a "receipt" to collect the cash and valuables from police station, before leaving the place, the police said.
It was only after reaching the Rajendra Nagar police station, did she realise that she had been cheated and lodged a complaint. A case of cheating and theft under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code has been registered
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Rangoon Review: Engaging Story of Love, Vulnerabilities, Liberation
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology