Andrea Petkovic withdraws from Family Circle Cup
Andrea Petkovic has withdrawn from the Family Circle Cup because of a right calf injury, moving second-seeded Caroline Wozniacki into the quarter-finals.
Charlestown: Andrea Petkovic has withdrawn from the Family Circle Cup because of a right calf injury, moving second-seeded Caroline Wozniacki into the quarter-finals.
Petkovic was scheduled to play Wozniacki to open Thursday's round of 16. However, she announced in the morning she could not play. Petkovic apologized for pulling out, but felt she might do more damage to her leg if she competed.
Wozniacki, the 2011 Family Circle champion, will play either 10th-seeded Julia Goerges or Stefanie Voegele in the quarterfinals.
Play has been delayed Thursday because of rain in Charleston, South Carolina.
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Rock On 2: Meet The Band Members of The Magik