DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Andrea Petkovic withdraws from Family Circle Cup
Andrea Petkovic has withdrawn from the Family Circle Cup because of a right calf injury, moving second-seeded Caroline Wozniacki into the quarter-finals.
Charlestown: Andrea Petkovic has withdrawn from the Family Circle Cup because of a right calf injury, moving second-seeded Caroline Wozniacki into the quarter-finals.
Petkovic was scheduled to play Wozniacki to open Thursday's round of 16. However, she announced in the morning she could not play. Petkovic apologized for pulling out, but felt she might do more damage to her leg if she competed.
Wozniacki, the 2011 Family Circle champion, will play either 10th-seeded Julia Goerges or Stefanie Voegele in the quarterfinals.
Play has been delayed Thursday because of rain in Charleston, South Carolina.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand