Andrew Garfield named ambassador for orphans
Andrew Garfield has been appointed as an ambassador for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation.
London: The Amazing Spider Man star Andrew Garfield has been appointed as an ambassador for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO).
Garfield, 28, who plays orphaned Peter Parker in the superhero reboot, visited parent less kids in Ethiopia and Haiti with the organisation earlier this year, reported Contactmusic.
Garfield and his real-life girlfriend and co-star Emma Stone turned out to support founder Dr Jane Aronson at a charity party for the group, where he was named as a new celebrity spokesperson. "Andrew's partnership with the WWO is about that superhero within each child. Every child grows up loving superheroes and dreaming about doing great things. WWO is about children believing that they can do great things in the world," Aronson said.
Recommended For You
- Pacer Sreesanth Denied NOC to Play in Scotland League
- Australian Open 2017: Roger Federer Masterclass Floors Mischa Zverev
- Oscars 2017: La La Land to Moana; Listen to the Nominees of Best Original Score
- Yamaha FZ 25 Launched at Rs 1.19 lakh, Gets a 249cc Engine and Bold Styling
- 13 Things That Rishi Kapoor Revealed From His Book at Jaipur Lit Fest