DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Android adoption rate growing 6 times faster than iPhone
The report also states that iPad adoption is increasing five times faster than iPhone adoption.
New Delhi: According to a new report from TechCrunch, consumer adoption of Android is increasing six times faster than iPhone adoption. The fact came to light when KPCB analyst Mary Meeker, who apparently publishes her Internet Trends report once a year, delivered a presentation during an event at Bloomberg's SF headquarters in honour of Kleiner Perkins portfolio company Lending Club.
The report states, "Android phone adoption is ramping up six times faster than iPhone, and Android surpassed Windows as the number 1 OS for Internet-enabled devices in Q1 2012."
Meeker said that iPad adoption is increasing five times faster than iPhone adoption. According to Meeker's research, there will be 1 billion smartphone users but 5 billion mobile phone users by the end of 2012.
Meeker expects 160 million Android devices, 100 million Windows devices, and 80 million iOS devices to be shipped per quarter by the end of 2013.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Did Priyanka Just Talk About Her Relationship With SRK?
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong