Android adoption rate growing 6 times faster than iPhone
The report also states that iPad adoption is increasing five times faster than iPhone adoption.
New Delhi: According to a new report from TechCrunch, consumer adoption of Android is increasing six times faster than iPhone adoption. The fact came to light when KPCB analyst Mary Meeker, who apparently publishes her Internet Trends report once a year, delivered a presentation during an event at Bloomberg's SF headquarters in honour of Kleiner Perkins portfolio company Lending Club.
The report states, "Android phone adoption is ramping up six times faster than iPhone, and Android surpassed Windows as the number 1 OS for Internet-enabled devices in Q1 2012."
Meeker said that iPad adoption is increasing five times faster than iPhone adoption. According to Meeker's research, there will be 1 billion smartphone users but 5 billion mobile phone users by the end of 2012.
Meeker expects 160 million Android devices, 100 million Windows devices, and 80 million iOS devices to be shipped per quarter by the end of 2013.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Akhilesh Briefs Governor on Political Crisis
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party