DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Android LMP: Is Lemon Meringue Pie the name for the next version of Android?
Google is known for nicknaming its Android mobile operating systems for smartphones and tablets after desserts.
New Delhi: Google had codenamed the next version of its Android operating system - that it has rolled out to developers - as Android L. The L, to many, stood for lollipop. But now, as many leaks are emerging - the next version of the most popular smartphone operating system could be Android LMP - the LMP probably stands for Lemon Meringue Pie.
Many mentions of LMP can be found in the Android Open Source Project repository. Even the WiFi certification for the Nexus 9, manufactured by HTC, lists its firmware as LMP.
The upcoming Nexus 6, that some believe could instead be called the Nexus X, is expected to come running on Android 5.0.
Lemon meringue pie is a dessert that has a flaky pie crust, tart lemon filling and soft meringue on top.
Google is known for nicknaming its Android mobile operating systems for smartphones and tablets after desserts. But it surprised all, when it named its 4.4 version KitKat, after the popular chocolate candy bar. Android 4.4, was widely expected to be called Android Key Lime Pie.
Google might have a surprise up its sleeve this time around too.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan