Android LMP: Is Lemon Meringue Pie the name for the next version of Android?
Google is known for nicknaming its Android mobile operating systems for smartphones and tablets after desserts.
New Delhi: Google had codenamed the next version of its Android operating system - that it has rolled out to developers - as Android L. The L, to many, stood for lollipop. But now, as many leaks are emerging - the next version of the most popular smartphone operating system could be Android LMP - the LMP probably stands for Lemon Meringue Pie.
Many mentions of LMP can be found in the Android Open Source Project repository. Even the WiFi certification for the Nexus 9, manufactured by HTC, lists its firmware as LMP.
The upcoming Nexus 6, that some believe could instead be called the Nexus X, is expected to come running on Android 5.0.
Lemon meringue pie is a dessert that has a flaky pie crust, tart lemon filling and soft meringue on top.
Google is known for nicknaming its Android mobile operating systems for smartphones and tablets after desserts. But it surprised all, when it named its 4.4 version KitKat, after the popular chocolate candy bar. Android 4.4, was widely expected to be called Android Key Lime Pie.
Google might have a surprise up its sleeve this time around too.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa