Andy Murray could face Novak Djokovic in US Open semi-finals
While Nadal and Federer - who have never played each other at Flushing Meadows - might meet in the quarter-finals.
New York: Defending champion Andy Murray could face top-seeded Novak Djokovic only in the US Open semi-finals, while Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer - who have never played each other at Flushing Meadows - might meet in the quarter-finals. Murray beat Djokovic in the 2012 final.
Thursday's draw for the year's last Grand Slam tournament also set up these possible men's quarter-finals: 2011 champion Djokovic vs. 2009 champion Juan Martin del Potro, No. 3 Murray vs. No. 5 Tomas Berdych, and No. 4 David Ferrer vs. No. 8 Richard Gasquet.
The potential women's quarter-finals are No. 1 Serena Williams against No. 8 Angelique Kerber, No. 2 Victoria Azarenka against No. 7 Petra Kvitova, No. 3 Agnieszka Radwanska against No. 5 Li Na, and No. 4 Sara Errani against No. 6 Caroline Wozniacki.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal