Andy Murray strolls into Australian Open semis
The Olympic champion made little work of unseeded Jeremy Chardy with a 6-4, 6-1, 6-2 stroll into last four.
Melbourne: US Open champion Andy Murray has reached the Australian Open semi-finals after a 6-4, 6-1, 6-2 win over unseeded Jeremy Chardy of France.
The 25-year-old Murray had his service broken for only the second time while serving for the match. But he broke back in the next game to clinch a quarter-final victory.
Murray, who ended a 76-year winless streak by British men in majors by winning the US Open last year, will play either Roger Federer or Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the semi-final on Friday.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic plays No. 4-seeded David Ferrer in the other semi-final.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Veteran Pitch Curator Daljit Singh Under Scanner After Second ICC Poor Rating
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Shekhar Suman Takes a Dig at Kangana Ranaut, Twitteratis Shut Him up Perfectly