Andy Murray sweats to win at ATP finals round one
The Brit beat Tomas Berdych 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 in a hard-fought encounter in London.
London: Andy Murray won his first match in Britain since claiming his maiden Grand Slam title, beating Tomas Berdych 3-6, 6-3, 6-4 Monday in the opening match of the ATP finals.
Murray wasted 10 break points in the match before finally converting to take a 3-1 lead in the second set. He won his only other break point in the third set to take a 2-1 lead.
After losing in the Wimbledon final, Murray won the gold medal at the London Olympics and then won the U.S. Open for his first major title.
Later Monday, top-ranked Novak Djokovic was to face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the other Group A match at the season-ending tournament for the top eight players in the world.
Group B, which includes Roger Federer, will play Tuesday.
Recommended For You
- Tom Latham Stuns Faf Du Plessis With Catch of the Season
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Justice League Trailer Shows The United Powers of All Our Favourites From DC Universe
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Cheteshwar Pujara Breaks Gautam Gambhir's 8-Year Old Record