Angelina Jolie opens school in Afghanistan
She plans to fund more schools by selling her own self-designed accessories collection, the Style of Jolie, to retail stores.
Los Angeles: Hollywood star Angelina Jolie has opened a school in Afghanistan through her foundation The Education Partnership for Children of Conflict. The 37-year-old actress has funded the girls only educational establishment, which caters to between 200 and 300 students, just outside of Kabul and hopes it will be the first of many schools she sets up, reported E! online.
Joile plans to fund more schools by selling her own self-designed accessories collection, the Style of Jolie, to retail stores for the first time with 100 per cent of the profits going to her new foundation, The Education Partnership for Children of Conflict. "Beyond enjoying the artistic satisfaction of designing these jewels, we are inspired by knowing our work is also serving the mutual goal of providing for children in need," Jolie said.
The United Nations Goodwill Ambassador is known for her charity work and in 2012 she was left in tears after visiting a Syrian refugee camp where she delivered a speech portraying her 'concern' at the situation there. "I am very concerned, the world is very concerned. What is very heartbreaking is when Syrian people ask you why you think no one is able to find a solution for them," she had said.
"What they described on the ground, hearing it from them is so horrific. When you meet so many innocent people and civilians, the people of Syria are asking who is on their side, 'Who is going to help us as the months go on?" Jolie had added.
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Google Allo: A New Messaging App That Seeks to Rival WhatsApp, Facebook
- Mangalyaan to Undergo Course Correction to Extend Battery Life: ISRO
- Mangalyaan Still Going Strong, to Have Course Correction: ISRO
- 'All IRNSS satellites to be in orbit by March', ISRO official