DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Ankita, Mouma, Shamini out of Asian TT singles
Olympian Ankita Das lost to China's Chen Meng 0-4 in the pre-quarters.
Korea: Olympian Ankita Das lost to China's Chen Meng 0-4 in the pre-quarters while national champion K Shamini and seasoned Mouma Das made third round exits as the Indian challenge in the women's singles event came to end at the Asian TT Championships, here on Friday.
Coming off from a splendid seven-game encounter against Yang Haeun, Ankita (268) did not pose much challenge to Chen Meng (8) as she was romped 6-11, 1-11, 5-11, 8-11.
Earlier in the day, Ankita had shocked 20th-ranked Korean 4-3 (11-7 11-4 5-11 11-8 9-11 7-11 11-4) in a keenly fought battle at the Sajik Gymnasium.
Shamini (261) lost to world number-one Ding Ning of China 7-11 3-11 10-12 5-11 while Mouma Das (195) tried hard before going down to Japan's Kasumi Ishikawa (9) 4-11 11-8 2-11 7-11 7-11 in the round of 32.
In the men's doubles, Indian pair of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Sanil Shetty failed to capitalise on the good start against Hong Kong's Cheung Yuk and Leung Chu Yan in last-16 stage and lost 4-11 11-6 11-9 8-11 8-11.
In the men's singles round of 32 matches, India's Sharath Kamal, Harmeet Desai, Shetty and Anthony Amalraj will be seen in action on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham