Anna discusses party formation with team members
Anna Hazare also said that the candidates should not take more than Rs 25,000 as salary.
New Delhi: Anna Hazare, in a meeting with his team members in Ralegan Siddhi on Saturday, expressed concern over the selection of candidates for an independent political party that was proposed by his team August 2 at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi.
Anna discussed the issue over the formation of the party with Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Dinesh Waghela, an India Against Corruption (IAC) release issued here said.
The release quoted Anna as saying said that the candidates selected by him must be honest, free from corruption and without any criminal background.
Anna also said that the candidates should not take more than Rs 25,000 as salary.
"The candidate should not use government allowance, government quarters and red beacons on their vehicles. All the selected candidates should keep information about their bank accounts in the public domain, so that anyone can check it easily," said Anna.
Anna and his team members had August 2 announced that they would build their own party to clean the political system.
Recommended For You
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)