Anna Hazare Warns PM Modi of Another Agitation Over Lokpal
File photo of anti-graft activist Anna Hazare.
Mumbai: Social activist Anna Hazare on Wednesday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, accusing the BJP-led government of being apathetic to the issue of appointing Lokpal and warning him of launching an agitation over it.
"After your government came to power, one began to believe that the demand for Lokpal will be fulfilled. That, however, hasn't happened," said Hazare expressing his dismay.
"Due to such a stance of yours, I am mulling launching another agitation," Hazare said in his letter to the PM.
"My fast at Ramlila ground in Delhi in 2011 attracted nationwide response and the Lokpal bill was passed in the Parliament," he said.
"When your government came to power, one began to believe that the demand for Lokpal will be fulfilled, However, that hasn't happened," he said.
"You have reneged on the promise made to the people," he alleged.
"I was silent for three years but the time has come to relaunch the agitation against corruption. The non-implementation of the Lokpal Act is a great insult to the sentiment of the people," Hazare said.
"I still receive numerous graft complaints from people across the country," he said.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Sridevi Opens Up About Rejecting Baahubali, Rajamouli's Comments
- Superstitious Yuvraj Wears Champions Trophy Jersey Against Windies
- The Human Library Project Tries to Change the World One City at a Time
- Virender Sehwag Reveals His Favourite RD Burman Song