Anna supporters pray for his health at Rajghat
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi also prayed for the good health of Anna Hazare.
New Delhi: As Anna Hazare recuperates in a Pune hospital, his supporters in the capital on Sunday held a prayer meeting at Rajghat for his health and vowed to make Jan Lokpal a reality this year.
Volunteers and other members of India Against Corruption converged at Rajghat here and prayed for Hazare, who is admitted to a private hospital in Pune after suffering from chest infection.
"A spiritual start of the year at Rajghat by joining IAC volunteers in prayer for Anna's health and Resolve to make JLPB (Jan Lokpal Bill )happen," Bedi, who was also present at the prayer meeting, said.
It is almost a ritual for the Gandhian to visit Rajghat before starting a fast.
Another Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal will visit Hazare at the hospital in Pune tomorrow against the backdrop of doctors advising complete rest for Hazare.
Hazare was admitted to the hospital on Saturday night after he was down with viral infection and is being monitored by a team of doctors.
After examining his health, the doctors said they have advised Hazare not to fast at least for the next one month.
The doctors also said Hazare needs "complete rest" now and that his aides have been asked not to disturb him.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi also prayed for the good health of Hazare.
"Praying for the good health of Anna Hazare ji. Hope he gets well soon," he said on Twitter.
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor