Anne Hathaway booed at the BAFTAs for arriving late
Anne Hathaway faced trouble in turning up on time at the red carpet in London.
Los Angeles: Anne Hathaway returned home with a trophy at the BAFTA awards but the actress reveals that things did not go well for her initially as she was booed by her fans for arriving late.
Hathaway, who has been all the awards in the best supporting category for her role as Fantine in Les Miserables and is a favourite to scoop Oscar trophy as well on February 24, faced trouble in turning up on time at the red carpet in
"I was so late that I had to run straight down to the end of the carpet and miss all the interviews. And, the worst part was, I missed the fans. They're out in the cold and the rain and the sleet, and they booed me," Hathaway said on Jay Leno's The Tonight Show.
Summing up the trouble part of her night, the actress said, "I got booed, my dress ripped and I had the flu."
The BAFTA trophy was presented to the actress by George Clooney, a favourite of Hathaway.
"But it turned out great. I got to hug George Clooney, and that's the whole point. And, oh yeah, I got a really amazing, prestigious award. That's pretty cool," she said.
Explaining the reason behind her delay, the actress said the zipper on her custom-made designer gown ripped as she was putting it on and an attempt to sew her into it was not successful.
She finally decided to wear a studded Burberry gown for the ceremony.
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput
- Dhoni Applauds Sushant Singh Rajput's Performance In MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi