Anonymous hackers take down Samajwadi Party website
The attack was in response to Samajwadi Party MP Ram Gopal Yadav demanding a ban on social networking websites.
New Delhi: Anonymous India hackers targeted the official website Samajwadi Party in response to the party's Member of Parliament Ram Gopal Yadav demanding a ban on social networking websites.
Yadav was participating in a debate in the Rajya Sabha on rumours triggering panic over ethnic violence in Assam that is leading to a mass exodus of people from the North East from Bangalore.
"TANGO DOWN: http://www.samajwadiparty.in ..." @opindia_revenge tweeted. Access to the www.samajwadiparty.in website intermittent at the time of posting this report.
The hackers collective is known to target websites in retaliation. In the past Anonymous India has attacked Congress, Supreme Court, MTNL websites and also claimed to have hacked into Reliance Communications' servers.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training