Another poor qualifying show for Force India in Abu Dhabi
Nico Hulkenberg qualified 11th and Paul di Resta could secure only P13 for Sunday's race.
Abu Dhabi: Sahara Force India drivers missed out on Q3 for the second consecutive race as Nico Hulkenberg qualified 11th and Paul di Resta could secure only P13 for Sunday's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
McLaren's outgoing star Lewis Hamilton grabbed pole ahead of Red Bull's Mark Webber, who was just 0.348 seconds behind, and championship leader Sebastian Vettel.
Hamilton's flying lap of 1:40.630 secured him his sixth pole position of the season while it was 25th pole for his side McLaren.
Vettel's closest rival Ferrai's Fernando Alonso will start the race from seventh position. Alonso had started fifth on the grid in India but had finished the race in the second position.
Williams' Pastor Maldonado will line up fourth and behind him will be Finn Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus and Jenson Button in the second McLaren.
Young Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg will share the fourth row with Alonso. And Felipe Massa will start in the ninth position ahead of Romain Grosjean.
India's Narain Karthikeyan will start last from the grid, behind his HRT teammate Pedro de la Rosa.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Irom Sharmila Meets Kejriwal, Seeks Advice on Fighting Manipur Polls
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes