DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Another pround moment for Amitabh Bachchan
The Queensland University of Technology will launch a Students Exchange Programme in the name of late Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
New Delhi: The Queensland University of Technology (QUT) in Australia, which has awarded Amitabh Bachchan an honorary doctorate, will launch a Students Exchange Programme in the name of the megastar's father, the late Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
"And today an inauguration of a student exchange Bursary in my Father's name between India and Australia .. Proud !!" Big B posted on his twitter page Friday.
"Back from another emotional ceremony at creative arts faculty of QUT, where the Students Travel Bursary inaugurated in Father's name," he posted.
This is another proud moment for the 69-year-old star.
"It will be called Dr Harivansh Rai Bachchan Travel Bursary of the QUT .. it will be permanent ..moment of great pride for family !!" he posted.
"This travel bursary shall organise exchange of Australian-Indian students to each others country to spend time in education institutes," he posted.
Amitabh was in Australia for director Baz Luhrman's latest production The Great Gatsby at Fox Studios in Sydney, alongside Leonardo Di Caprio, Tobey Maguire and Joel Edgerton.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017, Ind vs NZ: The Big Talking Points
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- Video - One-off Rolls-Royce ‘Sweptail’ Bespoke Revealed
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London