Antara Mali: My father is not mentally ill
The news of photographer Jagdish Mali being rescued from the streets of Mumbai sent shock waves in the industry.
Mumbai: The news of well known photographer Jagdish Mali being rescued from the streets of Mumbai sent shock waves in the film industry. Mali was found in a poor state on the streets of Versova recently by 'Bigg Boss 6' contestant Mink Brar.
While it was earlier reported that the photographer's daughter, actress Antara Mali did not initially extend help to her ailing father, the actress has finally broken her silence and issued a statement to Mumbai Mirror clearing her stand .
In the statement issued to the daily. Anatara said, "His condition is such that at times, if he forgets his insulin shot, he gets disoriented. At such times opening a simple door latch can be a challenge. This may happen once in six months, the rest of the time he's fully functioning and normal. This is what happened that evening."
The actress added that contrary to reports, her father was not mentally ill and was living in a flat in Versova which she bought for him in 2009.
Antara was rather miffed at industry people who were speaking about her father with authority. "This may be a publicity stunt by someone trying to capitalise on his ill health and has accomplished nothing but damage a 35-year-old glorious career. My dad is not an alcoholic but has a chronic liver disorder along with heavy diabetes. He hasn't touched a drop of alcohol for 15 years. He is sober."
When Mink found the photographer on the streets, she first tried to contact Antara who refused to react to the story. Eventually, she got in touch with actor Salman Khan who sent his car and four other people to escort Jagdish back to his flat.
"We don't need anybody's help. I am proud of my father's legacy, he is a truly an incredible artist and has a lot of goodwill in the film and fashion industry," said Antara.
Jagdish Mali started his career in the 1980s and has worked with all the major celebrities of the film industry. The photographer was diagnosed with a liver disease in 1998 but was said to be better now.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?