DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
'Anti-Islam film': Some URLs blocked in India
The Youtube URLs have been blocked by Google not on the government's request, but following a court order in J&K.
New Delhi: Some URLs on which the clips of a controversial film that is being said to be offensive to Islam and has sparked anti-US protests in many Arab countries like Libya, Egypt and Yemen will be blocked in India.
The Youtube URLs have been blocked by Google not on the government's request, but following a court order in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We do, at times, block content in launched countries in response to a court order or other valid legal process," a Google spokesperson told IBNLive.
The Home Ministry has forwarded a request of the Jammu and Kashmir government to block all webpages where the film is available to Director General of Computer Emergency Response Team India for urgent action.
"The DG CERT-In is looking into the matter and in all probability the webpages will be blocked soon," a Home Ministry official said.
India pushes to block 'anti-Islam' movie
Google has also blocked the movie in Egypt and Libya after attacks on US embassies. YouTube, owned by Google Inc, said it would not remove the clip but had blocked access in Egypt and Libya.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere