'Anti-Islam film': Some URLs blocked in India
The Youtube URLs have been blocked by Google not on the government's request, but following a court order in J&K.
New Delhi: Some URLs on which the clips of a controversial film that is being said to be offensive to Islam and has sparked anti-US protests in many Arab countries like Libya, Egypt and Yemen will be blocked in India.
The Youtube URLs have been blocked by Google not on the government's request, but following a court order in Jammu and Kashmir.
"We do, at times, block content in launched countries in response to a court order or other valid legal process," a Google spokesperson told IBNLive.
The Home Ministry has forwarded a request of the Jammu and Kashmir government to block all webpages where the film is available to Director General of Computer Emergency Response Team India for urgent action.
"The DG CERT-In is looking into the matter and in all probability the webpages will be blocked soon," a Home Ministry official said.
India pushes to block 'anti-Islam' movie
Google has also blocked the movie in Egypt and Libya after attacks on US embassies. YouTube, owned by Google Inc, said it would not remove the clip but had blocked access in Egypt and Libya.
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces