WB: 2 CRPF personnel killed during anti-Naxal ops
The 184th battalion of the CRPF was engaged in search and combing operations in a forest in West Midnapore when the Naxals ambushed them.
Kolkata: Two personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed on Sunday during an anti-Naxal operation conducted jointly by West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand. The 184th battalion of the CRPF was engaged in search and combing operations in a forest in West Midnapore when the Naxals ambushed them, resulting in heavy exchange of gunfire. The two personnel were shot dead.
The injured have been shifted to the West Midnapore district hospital. The CRPF IG, Vivek Sahai is on his way to the spot.
The operations were being conducted by the three states along their respective borders. More details on the incident are awaited.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP