WB: 2 CRPF personnel killed during anti-Naxal ops
The 184th battalion of the CRPF was engaged in search and combing operations in a forest in West Midnapore when the Naxals ambushed them.
Kolkata: Two personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) were killed on Sunday during an anti-Naxal operation conducted jointly by West Bengal, Odisha and Jharkhand. The 184th battalion of the CRPF was engaged in search and combing operations in a forest in West Midnapore when the Naxals ambushed them, resulting in heavy exchange of gunfire. The two personnel were shot dead.
The injured have been shifted to the West Midnapore district hospital. The CRPF IG, Vivek Sahai is on his way to the spot.
The operations were being conducted by the three states along their respective borders. More details on the incident are awaited.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology