Anti-rape protests: 5 Delhi Metro stations reopened
The Delhi Police had closed down ten metro stations on Saturday fearing protests as news of the death of the Delhi braveheart came in.
New Delhi: Five out of the ten metro stations in Central Delhi, that were closed down for an indefinite period in the wake of the death of the gangrape victim, were opened this afternoon. The stations which opened are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk and Patel Chowk.
However, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course, Jor Bagh and Khan Market stations will remain closed till further orders. However, inter-change facility will be available at the Central Secretariat station, DMRC officials said.
The decision to close down the Metro stations was taken by the Delhi Police which is making all out efforts to prevent protesters from reaching India Gate. They have already cordoned off the entire India Gate area. Police had last week as well closed down Metro stations to prevent protesters from reaching the protest sites.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show