Anti-terrorism Squad takes headmaster on transit remand
Police officer alleged that investigations revealed that the duo had possessed 118 counterfeit notes having a face value of Rs 500.
Pakur: A team of Anti-terrorism Squad (ATS) on Friday took the headmaster of a school in Pakur district on transit remand in connection with a fake currency case that was registered in Gujarat five years ago. Mohammad Zaheer-ud-din Ansari, the headmaster of Hitesh Nagar Upgraded Middle School in the district, was produced before the chief judicial magistrate by the ATS.
The court granted the plea of the ATS to take him on six days transit remand, ATS sub-inspector of the AS Patel told reporters here. Ansari was handed over by the Pakur police after his arrest in connection with the fake currency case, he added. He said the case was registered in Gujarat in 2008 against two persons, including Ansari, under IPC sections 489 A, B, C (Counterfeiting currency notes or bank notes, using as genuine forged or counterfeit currency notes and possession of forged or counterfeit currency notes or bank notes) and 120b (concealing a design to commit an offence punishable with imprisonment).
The police officer, who refused to identify the other name, alleged that investigations revealed that the duo had possessed 118 counterfeit notes with each note having a face value of Rs 500. Stating that Ansari had managed to escape then, the officer said the two had been in the trade of counterfeit.
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- Cheteshwar Pujara's Kanpur Transformation Augurs Well for Team India
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan