DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Antony committee to decide Cong's ties with RJD or JD(U): Shakeel Ahmad
Congress had voted for Nitish in the confidence motion to defeat communal forces, AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmad said.
Patna: AICC General Secretary Shakeel Ahmad on Saturday said any decision on forging ties either with RJD or JD(U) for the 2014 general elections would be taken by a committee led by senior leader and Union Minister AK Antony.
"It will be decided by a party committee headed by Defence Minister AK Antony at an appropriate time," Ahmad told reporters when asked of a future tie up with RJD or JD(U) in the next Lok Sabha elections.
Views of the new Congress in-charge of Bihar CP Joshi would also be taken, he said.
Congress had voted for Nitish Kumar in the confidence motion for defeating communal forces, Ahmad said. Dismissing the claims of development by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, he said "the state ranks lower on all major indices of development which falsify the claims of development there."
"In per capita income, Gujarat ranks 10th among the states, in infrastructure 11th and in education the state figures at 14th place in the country," he said.
"The truth is that people do not want to marry their daughter in Saurashtra region of Gujarat as citizens have to walk 5 km to fetch water," he said.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere