Antony remains silent on Solar panel scam
Refusing to comment on the issue, Antony said, "Government has ordered an enquiry. Let the report come".
Kochi: Underplaying the raging solar panel scam linked to the office of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, Defence Minister A K Antony on Saturday refused to comment on the issue.
"Government has ordered an enquiry. Let the report come",he told reporters when asked for his comments.
On the sexual harassment case filed by the estranged wife of a Naval officer here, Antony said his ministry had ordered a probe, whose report was awaited.
One of the main accused in the solar panel scam, Saritha S Nair reportedly contacted the Personal Assistant and gunman of the Chief Minister by phone a couple of times.
The Opposition LDF had raised the issue in the assembly demanding the Chief Minsiter's resignation and a judicial probe to expose the multi crore fraud.
The two personnel of Chief Minister's office were removed on Friday.
The accused woman had also tried to contact three state ministers.
Asked about the controversy, Union minister Vayalar Ravi said everyone should be careful about whom they appoint as personal staff.
In Kottayam, State Finance minister K M Mani dismissed the allegations as rumours.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments