Defence Minister AK Antony reviews security situation
During the meeting, Antony was briefed about the measures taken by the Army to tackle terrorism in Kashmir and the northeastern areas.
New Delhi: Defence Minister A K Antony reviewed the security situation in and around the country with the National Security Advisor and the three Services chiefs.
During the meeting, the three services chief briefed the Defence Minister about the prevailing security situation in the region and the measures taken by the Army to tackle terrorism in Jammu and Kashmir and the northeastern areas, ministry officials said here.
The meeting has happened at a time when the security agencies in Jammu and Kashmir are concerned over the attempts to raise the violence levels in the state. The violence levels have risen against the security forces as around 35 security personnel have been killed in the last seven months as compared to nine last year.
The meeting is also understood to have reviewed the emerging security scenario in the region after the withdrawal of American troops from the Af-Pak region in 2014 and its impact. The Defence Minister every month reviews the security situation with the three Services chiefs and NSA Shivshankar Menon.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Gaya Road Rage: Patna High Court Grants Bail to Suspended JD(U) Councillor's Son
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Russia Dismisses MH17 Findings as False, Politically-Motivated