DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Antony to discuss border management with Myanmar
Both sides had agreed that neither should allow their territory to be used for activities detrimental to the security of the other.
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony will discuss issues relating to border management and security with Mayanmar's leaders during his visit to the country which began on Monday, an official release said.
The high-level delegation accompanying Antony on his two-day official visit includes Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Eastern Army Command chief Lt.Gen. DS Suhag and Navy Vice Chief Vice Admiral R Dhowan.
The release said Antony will discuss issues relating to border management, interaction between armed forces of two countries and security matters with Myanmar leaders.
"Both sides will discuss modalities for improving mechanisms for patrolling by own forces along land and maritime boundaries in order to curb activities of insurgent groups in these areas," it said.
Both sides had agreed that neither should allow their territory to be used for activities detrimental to the security of the other, and also agreed to conduct periodic, coordinated land and maritime patrols, the release added.
Recommended For You
- Kohli, Dhoni Headline Premiere of Sachin - A Billion Dreams
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Hales Fifty Props up Hosts
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes