Antony to review security situation in Kashmir Valley
The Defence Minister will review the security situation in the Valley and also chair the Unified Headquarters meeting.
Srinagar: Defence Minister AK Antony will review the security situation in Kashmir Valley during his two-day visit to the state beginning on Saturday and also interact with troops deployed in the forward locations.
Antony's delegation includes the Chief of Army Staff General Bikram Singh and the Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma, a defence spokesman said in Srinagar on Friday.
He said that the Defence Minister will review the security situation in the Valley and also chair the Unified Headquarters meeting.
Antony is also scheduled to meet Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and call on the Governor NN Vohra during the visit, the spokesman said.
He added that the Defence Minister will also be visiting and interacting with the troops deployed in the forward locations.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards