Antony to review security situation in Kashmir Valley
The Defence Minister will review the security situation in the Valley and also chair the Unified Headquarters meeting.
Srinagar: Defence Minister AK Antony will review the security situation in Kashmir Valley during his two-day visit to the state beginning on Saturday and also interact with troops deployed in the forward locations.
Antony's delegation includes the Chief of Army Staff General Bikram Singh and the Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma, a defence spokesman said in Srinagar on Friday.
He said that the Defence Minister will review the security situation in the Valley and also chair the Unified Headquarters meeting.
Antony is also scheduled to meet Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and call on the Governor NN Vohra during the visit, the spokesman said.
He added that the Defence Minister will also be visiting and interacting with the troops deployed in the forward locations.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience