Nair, 3 other indicted for Antrix-Devas deal
The report recommended that action needs to be taken against Nair and the three other scientists.
New Delhi: Former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief G Madhavan Nair and three other scientists who were primarily behind the Antrix-Devas deal were indicted on Saturday night. ISRO on Saturday night released details of high powered review committee on Antrix-Devas deal.
Some of the conclusions and recommendations of the committee are that there were serious lapses of judgement by several officials; in some case it even violated several norms and breach of public trust.
There was no consultation by ISRO with other departments like telecommunication department while signing deal with Devas, the deal with Devas lacked transparency, there was no indication by ISRO to find other partners.
The report recommended that action needs to be taken against Nair and the three other.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game